Asthma Action Plan (please print)
Students diagnosed with asthma should be under the care of a doctor to determine treatment, medication, and modifications if necessary. Students will require an Asthma Action Plan (form enclosed).
If a rescue inhaler is needed while on school property or school related event the requirements are:
- Asthma Action Plan form on file signed by your physician (form enclosed)
- Student can possess and self-administer if an Asthma Action Plan form is filed in the nurses office stating you are developmentally capable of doing so
- Quick-Relief inhalers only are allowed at school such as: Albuterol (Proventil or Ventolin) or Xopenex
Steroid inhalers are not to be carried or administered at school.
Nebulizer Treatments can be administered at school only if: (Temporarily unavailable related to COVID protocols)
- Required paperwork with doctors signature is filed with the school nurse
- Medication is properly labeled with the students prescription on the box
- Nebulizer & tubing provided by student. Some campuses have a Nebulizer students can use but tubing must be provided by student. Ask your School Nurse if a nebulizer is available.
911 will be called if:
- No improvement within 15 minutes or 5 minutes if no nurse is available and relatives can’t be reached
- Student is quickly getting worse