Meal Sense (Click here to learn more) helps parents and guardians obtain nutritionally balanced, free or reduced-price school meals for their children through the National School Lunch Program. At any time during the school year, you may apply for your child to receive free or reduced rate breakfasts and lunches. Applications may be completed with hard copy applications are available at each school office or at the Food Service office.
A new application must be completed each school year. If your child received free/reduced priced meals last year, he/she will automatically receive the meal benefits for the first 30 days of school. After the 30 day grace period, only students who submitted a new application for the current school year and qualified for the program will receive benefits.
Apply With Paper Application
Please see your cafeteria manager, front office, or Child Nutrition Dept. for a copy of the application.
Applications must be signed or they will not be processed.
Completed paper applications may be returned the following ways…- E-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return to the Child Nutrition Office at:
800 S Morris St. Gainesville TX 76240
- Return to your campus Cafeteria Managers
What If I Need Additional Assistance?
Child Nutrition Admin Assistant
940.665.4362 or email@example.com
Check Your Application Status Online
- Go to www.schoollunchstatus.com
- New or preschool students, may NOT show they have qualified for the program until the school completely enrolls the child into their system. If you have multiply children on the program, the child who is new to the district will not appear with the siblings until the school fully enrolls the child.
- You may submit a Free & Reduced application without a student ID for new students. Once they are enrolled in the school, the application will begin processing.
Students On The Program
- Students on the Free & Reduced program may get 1 Breakfast & 1 Lunch Combo Meal daily for their free or reduced price.
- Free & Reduced prices don’t apply towards a la carte items. Prices don't apply to franchise brands: Java City
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to provide proof of income with my application?
A: You only have to provide proof of income if you are applying for Pre-K with your child’s school. However, families are randomly selected for income verification once a year. Families that are selected will have to provide proof of income or will be dropped from the program.
Q: If my child was on the program last year, do I need to complete another application?
A: Yes, a new application must be completed each school year. If you received free/reduced-priced meals last year, your children will continue to receive meal benefits the first 30 business days of school. During that time, a new application must be completed for free/reduced meals to continue. If a new application is not submitted, your child will be dropped from the program after the 30 day grace period.
Q: What type of income should be included on the form?
A: All types of income must be included, including employment income, social security benefits, child support, etc. You must report how often it is received.
Q: Is the form available in Spanish?