Classroom Rules and Consequences
1. Listen carefully.
2. Follow directions the first time given.
3. Work quietly. Do not disturb others who are working.
4. Respect others. Be kind with your words and actions.
5. Respect school and personal property.
6. Work and play safely.
I use a clip color system in the classroom. All students begin and remain on “green” unless a rule is broken. If a rule is broken students must move their clip to the next color. The color consequences include:
· Green- Doing great all day!
· Yellow- A warning for not making good choices throughout the day.
(Earn way back to green with exceptional behavior.)
· Orange- Several warnings throughout the day, with no effort by the child to correct the behavior. Loss of 5 minutes of recess or other consequences.
· Red- Office referral and/or contact parents.
Your child will color or circle his/her behavior on his/her(s) assignment sheet each night. The assignment sheet needs to be signed and returned to school every day in the “Take Home Folder”. Every child has his/her own unique needs, so my intention with consequences is to guide each child in a way that is corrective, yet yields personal sensitivity and understanding.