Discovery Kitchen @ Home
Let’s Get Cooking is a celebration of homemade classic recipes and empowering students to join in cooking at home with their family and friends, especially during the holiday season. Chartwells K12 is proud to encourage students to learn some simple and basic cooking knowledge and to share this outside of schools and in their own kitchens. In the spirit of the Thanksgiving Holiday, we wanted to give you all a fun and tasty recipe you can do at home as a family. Here's what you'll need...
Apple Cranberry Crisp #37411.2
• brown sugar
• ground cinnamon
• apple slices
• dried cranberries
• lemon juice
• Sanitizing bucket and
• trash container
• food handler’s gloves
• chef knife
• cutting glove
• cutting board
• burner, sauté pan
• rubber spatula
• baking pan
• toaster oven (if you
What to do:
Add flour, brown sugar,
cinnamon, margarine, salt, and
oatmeal in mixing bowl. Combine
until crumbly. Set aside.
In the sauté pan, add the apples,
sugar, lemon juice, cranberries,
and water. Bring to a boil.
Remove apple mixture from
sauté pan and place in a baking
dish. Sprinkle crumble mixture
over top and if you have a toaster
oven, place inside oven. If not,
then put aside. Take the premade
and cooked crisp and then you're done!
Share pictures of the yummy meals you create. Don't forget to upload them to your childs schools Facebook Page so we can see them!
Discovery Kitchen @ Home "Spice it Up!"
- canola oil, diced onions, cumin, salt, granulated garlic, ginger, chili powder, turmeric, dried cilantro, garbanzo beans, tomato puree, garam masala, and lemon juice.
- Sanitizing bucket and towel, trash container, food handler’s gloves, chef knife, cutting glove, cutting board, burner, large deep-walled sauté pan, and rubber spatula.
- Cut onion into small dice. Then put onion into pan with oil in it.
- Place pan onto burner and cook onions. Add spices and let cook.
- Add garbanzo beans and tomato puree to pan. Stir well to combine.
- Add the garam masala and lemon juice to the product and stir well to combine. Finally, prepare one finished demo plate to show the group.