Gainesville Independent School District offers a competitive salary and benefits for all employees.
GISD offers a menu of offerings including:
- Gainesville ISD pays $291.66/month to all employees who participate in medical plans offered.
- Gainesville ISD provides $20,000 in life insurance benefit at no cost to the employee.
- Gainesville ISD provides Care Flight insurance that covers an entire household at no cost to the employee.
- Sick and Personal Leave
- Retirement benefits through Texas Retirement System (TRS)
Gainesville ISD also offers employees access to the following benefits:
- Additional life insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Cancer policy
- Medical Gap Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Lifelock – Identity theft protection
Benefits Open Enrollment
Benefit Open Enrollment will open on July 20th and remain open until August 21st.
Below are three documents that will help you navigate the enrollment process. The enrollment instructions are attached . Please note that login information has been reset from last year, please follow instructions for logging in that are located on the enrollment flyer.
- TRS Active Care Plan Highlights
- 2020 Open Enrollment Information Flyer (instructions on how to access the benefits portal)
- Changes in TRS Active Care
Here are a few important changes that you need to be aware of prior to making benefit selections:
- TRS has changed insurance providers. Formally the health insurance provider was Aetna, they have changed to Blue Cross Blue Shield. Please review the plans carefully prior to making a selection.
- If Active Care Primary or Active Care Primary+ is chosen, you will be required to designate a Primary Care Physician.
- If you are planning on participating in One America disability this year to cover for a pregnancy and did not have the coverage this past year, you will need to contact the call center (phone number available on flyer) to discuss with the certified enrollment specialists. You may not be covered under the disability insurance for this coming year if you did not participate in the previous year.
- CVS Caremark Pharmacy Benefits network will not change.
- If you enroll prior to August 3rd and August 10th, you should receive your new insurance card by September 1, 2020.
If you have specific questions regarding the open enrollment process, you may contact our benefits specialist, Andy Gray at email@example.com.