- Gainesville High School
- GHS Graduation Details
601 North Texas Boulevard
Denton, TX 76201
Tickets are not required for entrance to the Gainesville High School graduation.
Entering the Coliseum
Graduates The West Tunnel will open at 7pm.
Guests Doors will open at 7pm. Only Gates A, B, D & G will be available for entrance.
Exiting the Coliseum
Graduates will participate in a recessional and exit the Coliseum through the South Tunnel.
Guests will be asked to meet their graduate outside of the Coliseum at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Concessions and flower sales
- Outside food and drinks are prohibited.
- Limited concessions will be available for all ceremonies.
- Flowers will be available for purchase at all ceremonies.
UNT Coliseum policies
- Guests are no longer allowed to save seats.
- There are no reserved seats, except for the graduates and special commencement guests invited by the school districts.
- The Coliseum will be enforcing it's clear bag policy.
- Accessible seating is available along the top rows of the lower seating area. These areas are designated as such.
- To allow viewing of all guests, please refrain from leaving your seat to take pictures or video.
- As soon as a ceremony has concluded, event staff will begin sweeping the Coliseum to escort remaining guests outside before the next ceremony begins.
- These items are not allowed inside the Coliseum:
- Beach balls
- Silly string
- Confetti and confetti cannons
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Signs or banners
- Tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
- Artificial noise makers, such as air horns, whistles and bullhorns
- Any tobacco products or devices for smoking or vaping inside or outside the Coliseum. UNT is a smoke-free campus.
- Non-service animals
- Strollers inside the seating area; strollers can be used to bring young children into the Coliseum.
NCTC and high school graduation participants and guests should enter campus via North Texas Boulevard off of I-35E and park in Lot 20, which is on the west side of the Coliseum.
Travel and Parking Tips
- Expect delays: Plan ahead and allow yourself ample time to get to your destination and walk from your vehicle to your ceremony.
- Carpool as much as possible: Bring the fewest vehicles necessary to get your guests to and from campus.
- Don’t rely on GPS: Exit North Texas Boulevard to access campus and follow the signs and officers’ directions.
- Street closures: North Texas Boulevard between Highland Street and the Gateway Center will be under construction and may be intermittently closed to vehicles during commencement events for pedestrians' safety. Maple Street can be used to access special needs parking and is a special-needs drop off area. Additional roads may be closed intermittently to alleviate heavy traffic flow around the Coliseum.
Handicap Access & Parking
Guests should enter campus via North Texas Boulevard off of I-35E.
Special needs parking will be in Lot 27 along Highland Street. Follow the signs to be directed to the first available special needs parking spaces.
The drop-off point for guests with mobility limitations is located on the east side of the Coliseum and can be reached via Maple Street. Guests cannot access the drop-off location from Highland Street and must go around the block to Maple Street.