GAINESVILLE ISD COVID-19 TESTING
Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM), Governor Abbott and the Texas Education Agency created COVID-19 Rapid Testing Pilot Program for Texas Schools. Gainesville ISD has been approved to be an official testing site for GISD employees and students. All testing is voluntary and free. GISD is not allowed to utilize testing for anyone other than registered face to face students and current staff.
Gainesville ISD has designated two sites for COVID19 Testing for GISD staff and students.
Gainesville Junior High School – location on the North side of the building. To access the parking area, you will enter the back parking lot off of Hird street. The testing room (F-105) is located near the back entrance of the cafeteria.
Gainesville Intermediate School – location on the East side of the building (bus entrance).
Instructions for Scheduling a Covid-19 Test
- To schedule a time to test, you will need to contact the GISD HR department at 940.665.4362.
- Students under the age of 18 will be required to have a student consent form completed by parent at the time of testing.
- Staff will have to provide their driver’s license and School ID at the test site.
- Upon arrival remain in your car.
- If testing at the Gainesville Junior High School Testing Site, once you arrive, call the school office number at 940.665.4062 to notify the secretary that you have arrived. The school nurse will be contacted and she will meet you at your car and bring you to the testing room.
- If testing at the Gainesville Intermediate School Testing Site, once you arrive, call the school office number at 940.668.6662 to notify the secretary that you have arrived. The school nurse will be contacted and she will meet you at your car and bring you to the testing room.
- GISD staff will need to have their Driver’s license and School ID
- GISD students will need to have a medical release form.
- The school nurse will confirm registration and conduct testing.
- Once testing is complete, the student or staff member will remain in their car. The nurse will provide a memo with the results.
- If the student receives a positive test result, the student is to remain home and the parent/guardian will be required to contact the school nurse on the campus in which the student attends. The school nurse will provide information regarding next steps.
- If a staff member receives a positive test result, the staff member is to remain home and contact Paula Moore, Director of HR for information regarding next steps.